Healthy Families of the High Desert is a Oregon Healthy Start Program. It is a voluntary home visiting program that assists families in giving their newborn children a “healthy start” in life. The program offers weekly intensive home visits for first birth, high-need families and a one-time welcome home visit to all families with newborns.
We help families to:
- Create a safe and nurturing home environment
- Make informed parenting choices that contribute to excellent family health and wellness
- Learn activities to do with their baby to foster brain development and attachment
- Prepare their child to be school ready
- Access community resources and educational opportunities
- Identify and promote resilience/protective factors